MOTTO : SERVICE BEFORE SELF
The mission of the Winooski Police Department is to provide the community and visitors with the highest quality of law enforcement services. We continually strive to improve the public’s perception of community safety through eradication of criminal activity and any conditions that have a detrimental impact on public safety. The Department will accomplish this task while utilizing the Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving (COPPS) model.
Services will be provided in an efficient and effective manner, consistent with statutory authority, available budgeted resources and professional skills.
The Department recognizes its members as its most valuable resource, and will strive to maintain the quality of public service through committed leadership, supervisory direction, career development, succession planning and training
The Winooski Police Department will continue to grow, adapt and evolve as we provide the highest level of service and protection to our community and our visitors. We aspire to be a leader in policing, a model for character, innovation, and service.
We strive to protect our diverse and dynamic community with fairness, integrity, and respect for the rights of the individual. We resolve to develop a creative, forward-thinking workforce, dedicated to raising our level of excellence to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
With this vision in mind, we will achieve and surpass these goals by providing our officers and employees with the knowledge, tools and opportunities to meet and exceed all present and future needs of the City of Winooski.
• Grateful (grateful and thankful to be serving the residents of Winooski)
• Responsive (respond quickly and efficiently to all calls for service)
• Educated (continue the education and training of our officers)
• Ambitious (consistently setting goals to improve the department and safety of the community)
• Trustworthy (keeping the trust of the community thriving and strong)
• Selflessness (the quality of unselfish concern for the welfare of others)
• Excellence (the quality of being exceptionally good in our service delivery)
• Respect (Willingness to show consideration, appreciation, and concern for all people)
• Vigilance (careful attention, alert watchfulness within our community)
• Integrity (honesty, moral soundness)
• Collaboration (to work with other agencies and build community partnerships)
• Ethics (a code of behavior, a set of principles by which we conduct ourselves)
• To Reduce Crime
• To Reduce the Fear of Crime
• To Provide Peace of Mind to the Community
• To Improve the Overall Quality of Life in the Community
• To Build and Maintain Effective Partnerships